Fort Berens Estate Winery seeks a trustworthy and experienced full-cycle accountant to join our team on a full-time basis. The Accountant is responsible for all bookkeeping and accounting functions at the winery.
Fort Berens is a winery with a vineyard, a tasting room and an outdoor patio restaurant in Lillooet, BC. Our vineyards are rooted on sagebrush covered bench-land along the Fraser River at the base of the Coast Mountains. The sandy soil, arid summers, and moderate winters are perfect for growing premium grapes. We are committed to handcrafting award-winning wines that reflect our unique terroir. Our Winery and Tasting Room are located in a state-of-the-art building with breathtaking vistas. Our philosophy is to be an open, honest and inclusive company and we encourage learning and development in the workplace.
The accountant is responsible for most bookkeeping and accounting responsibilities and will work closely with the winery team and report to senior management.
- Accounts Payable – prepare and enter purchase invoices and process payment.
- Accounts Receivable – prepare and enter all sales invoices, process credit card payments, receive and post cheque payments, follow up and collect on overdue accounts.
- Cash reports – reconciling daily cash reports from our retail operations, entering revenues invoices and receipts.
- Payroll – collect hours, enter and process payroll, manage employ benefits administration.
- Inventory control – oversee monthly inventory counts and reconciliations.
- Banking – monthly bank and credit card reconciliations, prepare bank deposits, control petty cash.
- General Ledger – prepare and enter accruals, perform month-end and year-end activities, prepare working papers for accountants.
- Reporting and taxes – prepare and file monthly payroll, GST, PST and EHT remittances, prepare and submit BCLDB monthly reports.
- Planning and control – assist in preparing budgets and monthly management reports
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Have a Business Administration certificate or diploma with a focus in accounting
- Proficient with Office 365 including Outlook, Word and Excel
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Knowledge of general bookkeeping procedures, accounting standards
- Ability to work independently and ability to lead a small team
- Solid working knowledge of Sage 50 is an asset
- 5+ years’ accounting experience in a similar environment
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Work Location: Flexible including on-site in Lillooet, BC, remote or hybrid remote
Schedule: Flexible with possibility for partial work-from-home
Salary: $40,000.00-$55,000.00 per year
- Dental care, Extended health care, Life insurance
- Store discount
- Monthly wine allowance
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you to all applicants. Only applicants shortlisted for an interview will be contacted.