Vineyard Technician (apprentice)
Full time, year-round
Fort Berens is looking to expand our team with a high-potential candidate, who is willing to start a steep learning curve in all aspects of the vineyard and winery. You will receive training on-the-job by our vineyard manager (around 85% of the time) and winemaker (around 15%) and you will also be expected to follow external training programs. You will be fully trained to become a future vineyard manager.
- Pruning, planting, thinning and harvest in the vineyard throughout the year;
- Operation and maintenance of tractor and other vineyard equipment;
- Assisting the vineyard manager in the development and implementation of the vineyard plan;
- Record keeping on execution of the plans;
- Trellis and irrigation system maintenance;
- Assisting the winemaker in the cellar, processing fruit, pressing, filtering, bottling and cleaning;
The Vineyard Technician must be willing to work non-standard hours, including evenings and weekends, as needed.
- Physically fit and willing and able to work outdoors throughout the year in heath, cold, rain, etc;
- Goal-driven and highly motivated, with initiative and the desire to increase knowledge and skills;
- Interest in plants and nature are necessary. Vineyard experience and a passion for viticulture are a plus;
- Willing and able to follow multiple relevant vineyard training programs, both on-the-job as well as external, e.g. the a 3-month full time course from Okanagan College in Pentincton (Jan. 2021);
- A team player, able to work and interact with many different players;
- Mechanically inclined;
- Able to work with computer programs like Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc.;
- A BC driver’s license is required. Other tickets like: Pesticide Applicator Certificate; First Aid Level 1 and Forklift certification, are a plus.
This is a full time, year-round salary position. Starting salary and benefits according to experience.
How to apply / contact information:
Send your resume plus a motivational letter/email before January 31st to:
Heleen Pannekoek, owner. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Fort Berens Estate Winery
PO Box 758, Lillooet, BC V0K 1V0
Wine Club and Event Coordinator (Maternity Leave Contract)
Fort Berens Estate Winery is looking for a customer-service oriented and hard-working individual to fill the role of Discovery Club & Event Coordinator. The Fort Berens Discovery Club is growing rapidly and the Coordinator is responsible for creating a premium club experience for our members.
The Discover Club Coordinator will be responsible for:
- Coordinating shipments including sending pre-shipment notifications, processing member requests and exceptions, creating collateral inserts and packaging of the shipment
- Organizing member-only events in Lillooet, Whistler, Vancouver and other cities across Canada
- Creating bi-weekly newsletters and club related marketing collateral
- Extending our membership acquisition strategy and culture within the organization
- Training, mentoring and working closely together with the marketing and hospitality team
- Developing phone, web-based, and email campaigns to increase member engagement
This role allows for a flexible work schedule and a home office.
- Proven retail sales or customer service experience
- Experience managing a wine club considered an asset
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Passionate and knowledgeable about wine, ISG/WSET level 2 preferred
- Strong technical skillset, MS Office, expert Excel skills and experience with WineDirect is an asset
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects at one time
- Must be at least 21 years of age with valid driver’s license.
This role is best suited to someone with initiative, who demonstrates an entrepreneurial spirit, and who is customer service oriented.
Please note that this is a temporary, full time maternity leave coverage position.
We offer a 14-month contract starting Sept 1, 2018 and includes a part-time training period from Sept 1 till Oct 15 and a full-time term from Oct 15, 2018 until Nov 1, 2019. Compensation package will include salary, bonus, benefits and wine allowance.