Vineyard Technician (apprentice)
Full time, year-round
Fort Berens is looking to expand our team with a high-potential candidate, who is willing to start a steep learning curve in all aspects of the vineyard and winery. You will receive training on-the-job by our vineyard manager (around 85% of the time) and winemaker (around 15%) and you will also be expected to follow external training programs. You will be fully trained to become a future vineyard manager.
- Pruning, planting, thinning and harvest in the vineyard throughout the year;
- Operation and maintenance of tractor and other vineyard equipment;
- Assisting the vineyard manager in the development and implementation of the vineyard plan;
- Record keeping on execution of the plans;
- Trellis and irrigation system maintenance;
- Assisting the winemaker in the cellar, processing fruit, pressing, filtering, bottling and cleaning;
The Vineyard Technician must be willing to work non-standard hours, including evenings and weekends, as needed.
- Physically fit and willing and able to work outdoors throughout the year in heath, cold, rain, etc;
- Goal-driven and highly motivated, with initiative and the desire to increase knowledge and skills;
- Interest in plants and nature are necessary. Vineyard experience and a passion for viticulture are a plus;
- Willing and able to follow multiple relevant vineyard training programs, both on-the-job as well as external, e.g. the a 3-month full time course from Okanagan College in Pentincton (Jan. 2021);
- A team player, able to work and interact with many different players;
- Mechanically inclined;
- Able to work with computer programs like Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc.;
- A BC driver’s license is required. Other tickets like: Pesticide Applicator Certificate; First Aid Level 1 and Forklift certification, are a plus.
This is a full time, year-round salary position. Starting salary and benefits according to experience.
How to apply / contact information:
Send your resume plus a motivational letter/email before January 31st to:
Heleen Pannekoek, owner. Email: email@example.com
Fort Berens Estate Winery
PO Box 758, Lillooet, BC V0K 1V0
We are looking for a Grounds Maintenance person
The person will be responsible for maintaining the gardens, lawns and non-productive area’s on the Fort Berens property. Activities would include:
- Weeding, mowing, irrigating, pruning and weed spraying;
- Repair & maintenance of the landscape equipment and landscape features;
We are looking for someone with:
- knowledge and experience working with plants,
- a flexible self starter who is able to work independently and
- someone that pays a lot of attention to details.
The person needs to be physically fit and able to work outdoors in all kinds of weather.
This job is part-time with seasonal hours, the majority of the work being in the spring and summer. Remuneration will be based on experience.
Please apply by sending your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org