We are looking for a Grounds Maintenance person
The person will be responsible for maintaining the gardens, lawns and non-productive area’s on the Fort Berens property. Activities would include:
- Weeding, mowing, irrigating, pruning and weed spraying;
- Repair & maintenance of the landscape equipment and landscape features;
We are looking for someone with:
- knowledge and experience working with plants,
- a flexible self starter who is able to work independently and
- someone that pays a lot of attention to details.
The person needs to be physically fit and able to work outdoors in all kinds of weather.
This job is part-time with seasonal hours, the majority of the work being in the spring and summer. Remuneration will be based on experience.
Please apply by sending your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Vineyard Manager (Filled)
This is an exciting opportunity for the right individual looking to advance their career in viticulture. The priority is finding the right person to join our team and help us grow premium grapes.
The Vineyard Manager will be responsible for:
- The labour in and the equipment and management of our20 acre vineyard;
- Building and managing a team of vineyard workers;
- Managing crop levels and costs within the vineyard budget;
- Employee health and safety policies and procedures
- Drafting and executing a sustainable vineyard plan, that delivers premium quality fruit, in co-operation with the wine maker;
- Drafting, updating and executing the Environmental Farm Plan and the BC Sustainable Practices for Vineyards.
The Vineyard Manager must be willing to work non-standard hours, including evenings and weekends, as needed.
- 5 years experience in vineyard management;
- Intimate knowledge of BC viticulture, sustainable vineyard management and best practices;
- Knowledge of and experience with the operation of vineyard equipment;
- Highly motivated to learn and discover with us in this new viticulture region;
- A leader and team player, able to work and interact with many different players;
- Physically fit and able to work outdoors throughout the year;
- BC driver’s license; Pesticide Applicator Certificate; First Aid Level I; Forklift certificate.
- Functional knowledge of office software;
We offer a permanent full time contract. Salary and benefits will be according to experience.
How to apply / contact information:
Apply by sending your resume and motivation before February 7 to:
Fort Berens Estate Winery
Attn. Heleen Pannekoek
PO Box 758
Lillooet, BC V0K 1V0
1881 Highway 99 north
Lillooet, BC V0K 1V0
Our vineyard is located in the magnificent Fraser Canyon across the Fraser River from the town of Lillooet. Lillooet is one of the "Hot Spots" in Canada, with a climate that is comparable with the South Okanagan. The Coast Mountains to the west of Lillooet keep rain and clouds away, ensuring that the vines receive plenty of sunshine. In 2009, we planted 20 acres with six varieties: Riesling, Pinot Gris, Chardonnay, Pinot Noir, Cabernet Franc and Merlot. In the future, we will expand with another 20 acres.
We make and sell premium, award winning BC VQA wines. We believe that great wines are grown, not made. To support us in growing premium grapes, we are looking for professional leadership in our vineyard. If you are qualified and are looking to live in a beautiful environment with affordable housing, please apply now!