at Fort Berens Winery in Lillooet
Working with local farmers, The Kitchen at Fort Berens offers a true farm to table experience. The Kitchen offers outdoor patio seating with stunning vistas of our vineyards, the Fraser Benchlands and the Coast Mountains. Guests come to experience our warm hospitality, award-winning wines and the finest bounty from Lillooet. We invite them to discover Lillooet’s compelling, regional cuisine featuring fresh and local ingredients.
Fort Berens Estate Winery is seeking a skilled and creative Chef to lead our culinary our team for the upcoming summer season. As the Chef, you will be responsible for creating and preparing delicious and visually appealing meals for our guests, managing the culinary team, and sourcing ingredients locally, and working alongside our hospitality team to enhance the overall guest experience.
Create and prepare innovative and tasty dishes that are visually appealing and representative of the local ingredients and region.
- Develop menus that highlight local wine and food pairings.
- Manage and maintain the kitchen, ensuring cleanliness and organization.
- Work closely with the winery team to provide exceptional guest experiences.
- Prepare one-off menus for special events ranging from wine club events to private events and weddings.
- Hire, train and supervise kitchen staff as needed.
- Monitor inventory and order supplies as necessary.
- Create and package seasonal culinary items to sell in our winery tasting room, as time permits.
- Ensure compliance with all health and safety regulations.
- At least 2 years of experience working as a Chef in a similar position.
- A passion for creating exceptional culinary experiences.
- Ability to source local ingredients and create dishes that represent our region.
- Strong leadership skills and ability to work collaboratively with the winery team.
- Strong knowledge of health and safety regulations.
- Flexibility to work on weekends and evenings as needed.
This is a seasonal position in Lillooet, starting in early May 2023 and ending in late September 2023, with the opportunity and preference to return in 2024 and beyond. If you are a skilled Chef with a passion for creating exceptional culinary experiences and are excited about the opportunity to work in a winery setting in an exciting and emerging wine region, we encourage you to apply.
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter outlining your qualifications and experience to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you to all applicants. Only applicants shortlisted for an interview will be contacted.